Today, Humanise asked the Tulipe team, the collective’s management consulting firm, 37 questions in a row. True to form, the team answered the questions efficiently and honestly. They know each other so well! Now it’s your turn to learn more about Tulipe.
1. How do you drink your coffee?
Our fuel of choice is tea and we drink it green!
2. How would you like to be remembered?
As someone you could count on.
3. If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
Host a team get together around the pool at Mathieu’s house, our “head gardener” and founder.
4. What movie/series character represents you?
Sheldon Cooper, ultra-brilliant, but sometimes a little too otherworldly 🪐
5. What’s your most precious memory?
Meals shared with our team, talking about anything and everything (but mostly laughing at Mathieu’s jokes).
6. Would you rather lose your ability to read or your ability to speak?
Doesn’t matter. Our motto is “We’ll figure it out.”
7. What’s your favourite time of day?
Anytime we get a lot done!
8. What’s your greatest strength?
Helping employees grow according to their interests and ambitions.
9. What makes you angry?
A font that’s incompatible with Macs.
10. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
Client recognition is always the greatest compliment.
11. When are you most inspired?
Anytime, as long as I have tea nearby to fuel my brain and a good playlist in my ears.
12. Sweet or savoury?
The trend from Toronto to Montreal is 80% salty. Further east, toward Sherbrooke, there’s a sudden increase in sugar.
13. GIF or meme?
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. A GIF? Easily ten thousand, so GIF!
14. Backstreet Boys or NSYNC?
One Direction isn’t an option?
15. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done in your life?
Listening to Mathieu’s unusual anecdotes!
16. What’s one vice you wish you could give up?
Ordering Mandy’s for lunch every day like it’s affordable in the long run 🥲
17. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received?
If there’s no solution, there’s no problem.
18. What’s your pet peeve?
Misaligned PowerPoint presentations… We just can’t help but edit them from start to finish #sorrynotsorry.
19. What’s something you notice about someone when you first meet them?
If their energy aligns well with ours.
20. What’s heavily played on your music playlist right now?
We’re having a thing with Harry Styles at the moment.
21. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Talking about life for 45 minutes during a one-hour meeting.
22. How do you start your day?
My green tea and my to-do list get me ready to conquer the day 💪
23. If you could switch lives with one person for a day, who would it be?
Why would you want to change your life when it’s perfectly imperfect?
24. Favourite snack at the office?
The little candies/chocolates on Laurence’s desk, our reception receptionist.
25. What’s something you don’t want to be doing in 10 years?
The same thing—evolution is key.
26. What’s the cutest thing on planet Earth?
The Mini-Tulipe shirts we made for our managers’ children.
27. What’s the best thing that happened to you this year?
The team’s return to the office. We’re soooo happy to see everyone’s beautiful faces for real!
28. What would be your company’s signature cocktail?
Gin & tonic: Based on a flower, strong, and full of surprises.
29. What’s one thing you had to learn the hard way?
There’s always a solution, even when life doesn’t go according to plan.
30. What’s a trend you would like to see disappear forever?
Trends in general—just do you!
31. What do you like most about your team?
How much fun you can have at work while still being effective.
32. What are 3 essential things that Tulipe couldn’t live without?
Claire’s kindness, Mathieu’s philosophical speeches and the open tea bar at the office.
Can’t get enough? Watch the video (in French) or keep reading. Claire, VP of Employee and Customer Experience, answers our five rapid-fire questions.
33. If Tulipe were a song, what would it be?
“About Damn Time” by Lizzo.
34. What’s your superpower?
Guessing what our clients don’t know they want.
35. Tell us something nobody knows about Tulipe.
A suit & tie is illegal (well, not officially, but we won’t be making that mistake again).
36. What’s the best advice you’d give to someone who’d like to work at Tulipe?
Strong opinions, loosely held.
37. What excites you most these days?
Adding new Tulipes to our bouquet.